Monday, September 03, 2007

Somewhere In Between........

The Cure takes a special place in my music collection. As a kid, I couldn't get enough of Boys Don't Cry. I always thought that song was from around '86-'87, but a year or 2 ago I looked at the copyright and saw the year 1979 next to it..... Man, did I feel old that day....... Even talked about it to a couple of friends, and almost none of them wanted to believe that song was actually from the '70s...... The second song I recollect was A Lullaby (loved that video). I only came in contact with A Forrest, Lovesong, ...... much later on. I don't like everything they did, but they still rank high in my top 20 bands of the '80s.

First Cure song I ever bought was the maxi single from In Between Days. Loved the picture sleeve and hung it on my wall for a year or 2. I loved playing that vinyl....

Still think some of those 80's songs sound better on vinyl. Well..... I'm not arguing the sound was better on vinyl, it's the fact of putting the needle on the record, looking at the turntable at night, the grinding sounds on the background. Wonder if some artist didn't keep some of those things in mind while writing their music......

Fra Lippo Lippi - Shouldn't Have to be Like That

I guess almost everyone knows this song..... classic 80's nostalgia....... Just sit back and relax.....