Thursday, August 02, 2007

Division

Sisters Of Mercy - No Time To Cry


It's just a feeling
I get sometimes
A feeling
Sometimes
And I get frightened
Just like you
I get frightened too
but it's...
(no no no) No time for heartache
(no no no) No time to run and hide
(no no no) No time for breaking down
(no no no) No time to cry
Sometimes in the world as is you've
Got to shake the hand that feeds you
It's just like Adam says
It's not so hard to understand
It's just like always coming down on
Just like Jesus never came and
What did you expect to find
It's just like always here again it's...
(no no no) No time for heartache
(no no no) No time to run and hide
(no no no) No time for breaking down
(no no no) No time to cry
Everything will be alright
Everything will turn out fine
Some nights I still can't sleep
And the voices pass with time
And I keep
[repeat]
No time for tears
No time to run and hide
No time to be afraid of fear
I keep no time to cry
(no no no) No time for heartache
(no no no) No time to run and hide
(no no no) No time for breaking down
(no no no) No time to cry


Joy Division - Love will tear us apart

Not all of us might have a future, but we all have a past...... That's one of the few certainties in life.
I have a tendancy to live in my past, to think about times gone by over and over again..... Not always a good thing to be honest, cause I remember sad moments very vividly, whereas the good moments in life often loose a lot of their importance over time. There are, however, a few exceptions to this rule. I guess in my case, the defining moment of joy in my life has become the birth of my son, Alexander. Compared to him, everything else, including myself, has become meaningless........
That doesn't mean I stopped living or that there aren't any other memories and persons that matter a lot to me, it just means that I would do anything I can .... anything... to make him happy...... He is the most important thing in my life. He is my past, present and future.....

Joy Division....
Love will Tear us Apart is just an incredible song...
It becomes even more gripping when you know that Ian Curtis' wife (Deborah) used the title as an inscription on Ian's grave after he committed suicide at age 23.....
I don't know the facts behind his suicide, but his epilepsy attacks, depressions and impending divorce probably played a major part in it. Those things probably also shaped his music.....
By dying the way he did, he joined a cast of others whom would probably never have reached cult status if they were still alive today, which is a tragedy in itself.
Ian Curtis