Thursday, July 26, 2007

Commotions.......

It was a cold and dark December night
When I opened up the bedroom door
To find her lying still and cold upon the bed
A love letter lying on the bedroom floor

It read:
Darling, I love you
But I just can't keep on living on dreams no more
I tried so very hard not to leave you alone

I just can't keep on tryin' no more

Hot Chocolate - Emma Emily


The Cars - Drive

One of my all time favorite video-clips.......
The combination of the music, words and the clip makes this one of my all time favorite songs. I probably saw it for the first time when I was about 13 years old, and it just doesn't get out of fashion. The distress in the girl's eyes, the melancholic atmosphere, the great Black & White video.
I can't really understand how someone can't be touched by this vid.

Lloyd Cole & The Commotions - Rattlesnakes

Probably one of his best known songs, Rattlesnakes was released somewhere in the first half of the '80s. But I didn't get to know this song until beginning of the '90s. I was in a second hand shop and saw his album "Don't get weird on me, Babe":

I bought the CD because of this cover and subsequently bought his other albums a couple of weeks later. Have you ever seen a guy looking any cooler? A style icon and a great singer at that. You can't go wrong with Lloyd......
Have a look at his site and weblog: http://www.lloydcole.com/lobby.html